Senior Risk Analyst
As part of the development of its operations in Africa, MicroRate is looking for a Bilingual Senior Risk Analyst (French and English).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparing the rating missions (preliminary analysis of the MFI and the country of operation, processing of the financial statements, reading of the documents and policies of the MFI).
- Conducting the evaluation mission remotely or in the field. The tasks will include conducting interviews, analyze financial and management information and preparing the closing meeting.
- Post-visit analysis and report writing.
- Preparing reports/notes on various topics (issues specific to the Africa region, among others).
- Participating in business development activities for the region: analysis of the sector by country, sending information to potential customers.
- Participating in specific projects (to be determined) to improve the methodology, indicators, and evaluation tools.
- Educational Background: Finance and/or Accounting.
- At least five years in financial analysis, microfinance and/or audit.
- Native English and French required.
- Good analytical, writing and synthesis skills.
- Knowledge of or interest in the microfinance sector.
- International experience.
- Effective while working remotely.
- Strong ethic and commitment.
- Availability to travel 40 percent of the time (approximately one week per month) in countries where MicroRate's client MFIs are located.
About this Opportunity